Since 1992, Foxwood’s owner, Matt Surprise has been a perpetual “people-pleaser” and has always stuck to his original goal: to provide the best custom cabinetry possible for each client’s individual needs, every time!
Matt Surprise is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design, transferring his artistic talents from printmaking to woodworking over 20 years ago. Over the years, he has refined his woodworking production, added computerized machinery, and has educated himself to become a more eco-friendly cabinet shop owner. In 2009, Foxwood completed a rigorous auditing process to become the first cabinet shop in New Mexico certified by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC-C020701).
What is the big deal about FSC®-certification, you may ask? The Forest Stewardship Council® is an international, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting responsible forest management and eco-friendly production techniques. When you hire Foxwood for your FSC® cabinetry, the benefits are many and rewarding because:
- We provide the correct standards for people seeking cabinets built by the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.
- We reject wood from unlawfully harvested forests or genetically modified forests
- We work with like-minded eco-friendly businesses and local suppliers wherever possible.
- You are cutting back on your consumption of virgin lumber and reducing the impact of your carbon imprint
- You are working with a cabinet shop that is connected with a Chain of Custody certificate from the FSC®, which allows the production and sale of certified products.
- You are doing something good for the environment, and good for you, the individual, by having Foxwood use materials and finishes with low VOC content that allow you to breathe easier, literally, with less “after” fumes and formaldehyde emissions.
- You can be proud of your FSC® cabinetry by Foxwood because it sends a message that you care for your health and the earth’s health too.
For a Free consultation regarding your cabinetry and
millwork needs call us at 505-424-7312
0r use our handy Contact Us form